Saturday, October 27, 2007

Weekend Sketch Challenge #25


This is the card I made for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. She also has the tutorial on how to make the "Z-Card" on her blog. It turned out to be easier then I expected.

A couple of things about this card:


Because I don't have markers in Old Olive and Chocolate Chip, I "rocked" the stamp in the ink I wanted. It is an acrylic stamp on a clear block so I could see what I was doing. I first did the bird in the Old Olive ink and then the branch in the Chocolate Chip ink. Finally I rocked the edges of the bird in the Chocolate Chip ink as well. By the way, the bird and branch image is one stamp, not two.

I sponged all the edges of the of the card stock and designer paper except for the base of the card. It was all sponged in Chocolate Chip except the Whisper White was sponged in Not Quite Navy.

As you can see in the second picture, I used the Scalloped Circle to close the card.


I really like this card and think I will make another one with all Stampin' Up! products so I can use it at a workshop.

Recipe:

Stamps: Nature Stamps (by Rhonna Farrer - Autumn Leaves), Everyday Flexible Phrases ("hope"), Warmest Regards ("Thinking of You")
Paper: Bohemia Line Designer Paper (My Mind's Eye), Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Brads (makingmemories), Sponge Dauber, Scalloped Circle Punch, 1 3/8 Circle Punch, 1 1/4 Circle Punch

4.25 x 5.5 card

I will have another card to upload soon. So stay posted. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Andrea, that's beautiful! I love the colors, the stamps and the paper you used!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Very pretty ... love the colors and the little hope sentiment in the scalloped circle.

Lori said...

So pretty and elegant.

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, love the bird stamp