1. First use your Embossing Buddy to wipe the static off your Vellum card stock. (This makes sure that the embossing powder only sticks to the stamped image.) Next, stamp the snowflakes stamps randomly over the vellum with White Craft Ink (I used the three smaller stamps from the Serene Snowflake set). VersaMark also works well. Pour white embossing powder over the stamped images and heat carefully so the vellum doesn't burn or warp/bend.
2. Use the scalloped edge punch on the Rich Razzleberry card stock. Once you have a scalloped edge, attach the completed Vellum card stock piece to it with brads. Use a 1/16" hand held punch or paper piercer to poke holes through the two pieces. Tape Rich Razzleberry Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon on card (I just used scotch tape to tape the ends of the ribbon at the back of the card).
3a. Use Big Shot to cut snowflake from the Snowflakes #2 Sizzlet Dies in Whisper White. Use Hand Held Punch to punch a hole in middle of snowfake. Add crystal brad or brad of your choice. (This is the "unadorned" snowflake as shown in the photo.)
3b. Use Big Shot to cut snowflake as stated in 3a. Ink up entire snowflake with VersaMark ink and sprinkle with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder. Heat with heat gun. Be careful not to burn snowflake! Complete snowflake as in 3a. (This is what we did at the Stamp Club.)
4. Use a paper piercer or hand held punch to make a hole through the ribbon and the vellum and Razzleberry card stock. Attach snowflake to all pieces with brad.
5. Stamp "Noel" in Rich Razzleberry ink to bottom of Whisper White card base. Use the stamp-a-ma-jig if you need perfect placement.
6. Complete card by adhering all pieces together.
Whisper White Card Base: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2
Rich Razzleberry: 3 3/4 x 5 1/4
Vellum Card Stock: 3 x 5
Stamps: Serene Snowflakes, Many Merry Messages
Paper: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Vellum Card Stock
Ink: White Craft Ink, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Gun, Paper Piercer, Silver Brads, Hand Held Punch, Crystal Brads, Snowflakes Set #2 Sizzlit Dies, Big Shot, Scalloped Edge Punch, Rich Razzleberry 1/2" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon
4.25 x 5.5 card
Cute and Cuddly Keeps You Warm
1. On "scrap" Naturals White card stock, stamp bear in Taken with Teal ink, cap in More Mustard ink, mug and sentiment in Real red ink and iceberg in Basic Black ink. Cut out using Paper Snips or good cutting scissors for fine details.
2. Punch out sentiment using Modern Label punch and add eyelet using eyelet setter or crop-o-dile. Add white embroidery thread to tag.
3. Use scallop edge punch on Real Red card stock strip.
4. "Texturize" the Naturals White card stock square using the Big Shot and Texturz Plate.
5. Tape the pieces together in the following order: Tape the Old Olive Designer Series Paper on to the Naturals White textured card stock. Tape the thin strip of Taken with Teal card stock to left edge of Old Olive DSP. Tape Real Red scalloped strip UNDERNEATH the Naturals White textured piece so that it sticks over the edge about 1/4". Place a strip of Sticky Tape to left edge of Taken with Teal strip.
6. To ruffle the ribbon, gently pull the two red threads while scrunching the ribbon together. Be careful otherwise you might pull the ribbon too far and the threads will come out leaving a plain white ribbon.
7. To attach the tag to the ribbon, thread Mistletoe scrunched ribbon through the embroidery thread. Now place scrunched ribbon on top of Sticky Tape. Tape ends of scrunched ribbon to back of Naturals White textured square.
8. Tape entire front piece to card base. Add bear and other pieces to the Old Olive DSP. Don't forget to add dimensionals to the bear to pop him up nicely.
Old Olive Card Base: 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
Naturals White: 4 1/8 x 4 1/8
Old Olive DSP: 3 x 4 1/8
Taken with Teal: 1/4 x 4 1/8
Real Red: 1 x 4 1/8
Naturals White: scraps for bear, hat, mug, iceberg and tag
Stamps: Cute and Cuddly
Paper: Old Olive, Naturals White, Taken with Teal, Real Red, Old Olive Designer Series Paper
Ink: Taken with Teal, Real Red, More Mustard, Basic Black
Accessories: Eyelet, Crop-o-dile, Modern Tag Punch, White Embroidery Thread, Dimensionals, Scalloped Edge Punch, Paper Snips, Mistletoe Ribbon Originals, Sticky Tape, Perfect Details Texturz Plate, Big Shot
4.25 x 4.25 card
Whew!! I finally got this posted. Sorry it took so long.
Hope you have a wonderful holiday season and I'll see you in January.