Inspired by Nature: Misting with Watercolor Crayons Technique
1. Using watercolor crayons (Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard and Old Olive) colour two flowers of the Inspired by Nature stamp set. Colour directly on the rubber.
2. Hold your stamp away from you and spray it with a water spritzer bottle with one or two sprays 6-8 inches away.
3. Stamp your image onto watercolor paper.
4. Once image is dry, use a 1" Circle Punch to punch a half circle in the watercolor paper.
5. Tape onto Chocolate Chip card stock. Punch the largest hole from Crop-o-dile in the centre of your "circle". Place Jumbo Eyelet through hole and use Crop-o-dile to press and complete eyelet.
6. Adhere Designer Series Paper to Chocolate Chip card stock. Add dimensionals to back of flower image, place ribbon through eyelet and adhere to DSP. Tie ribbon.
7. Stamp sentiment (Happy Thanksgiving) with Chocolate Chip ink on Creamy Caramel card stock.
8. Adhere and finish card.
Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Autumn Splendor DSP (Mini Catalogue), Watercolor Paper
Accessories: Chocolate Chip 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Pewter Jumbo Eyelet, Crop-o-dile, 1"Circle Punch, Dimensionals, Earth Elements Watercolor Crayons, Spritzer Bottle, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Vanilla Card Base - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2
Chocolate Chip - 5 3/8 x 4 1/8
Creamy Caramel - 5 1/4 x 4
Chocolate Chip - 4 1/2 x 3 5/8
Autumn Mead. DSP - 4 3/8 x 3 1/2
Chocolate Chip - 4 1/8 x 2 3/8
Watercolor Paper - 4 x 2 1/4
Autumn Splendor: Watercoloring with Aquapainter
1. Stamp leaves onto watercolor paper using Black Stazon ink.
2. Squeeze inkpads so ink will pool on inside lid of pad.
3. Use an aquapainter to pick up ink from lid and colour in leaves.
4. Stamp sentiment on watercolor paper with Black Stazon. Use a stamp-a-ma-jig if you like perfect placement.
5. Adhere all pieces of cardstock together (except card base), tie on ribbon and complete card.
Note on watercoloring leaves: For every leaf, I used at least three colours of ink. I began colouring all leaves with the lightest colour of ink. For the Five-Leaf Leaf (??huh??) I coloured the entire leaf with More Mustard and then used Creamy Caramel on the outer edges and blended inwards. On the Maple Leaf I used More Mustard and then blended in Really Rust over most of the leaf. I used Close to Cocoa on all the leaf stemas. Taken with Teal ink was used to blend lightly around the outside edges of the leaves. If an area was too dark, I pressed on my aquapainter so that it would add more water and help lighten and spread out the colour.
Stamps: Autumn Splendor, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Taken with Teal, Watercolor Paper, Autumn Meadows DSP
Ink: Black Stazon, Close to Cocoa, More Mustard, Really Rust, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Tempting Torquoise 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon
Chocolate Chip Card Base - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2
Taken With Teal - 4 3/8 x 3 1/8
Watercolor Paper - 4 1/4 x 3
Autumn Mead. DSP - 3 x 1
All cards are 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.
Thanks for stopping by.