1. Score two lines (using a Scor-Pal or ruler and bone folder) at 1/4" and 1/2" from the bottom of card base and again from the top of the card base. If you are using the Scor-Pal you will have to line up your card at the 4" mark.
2. Adhere the strip of Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper about 1/4" above the scored lines. Tie ribbon.
3. To make large Rich Razzleberry butterfly, place card stock over the large butterfly of the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die and wind through BigShot. Place cut butterfly on top of the Swirls side of the Perfect Details Texturz Plate. Wind through Big Shot. Your butterfly will be beautifully embossed with swirls. (Please note that I haven't listed the details in "making your sandwich" when using the Bigz die or Texturz Plate.)
4. To make the patterned butterfly, stamp the Fine Flourish stamp in Rich Razzleberry on Whisper White card stock. Stamp the Butterfly Accent stamp with VersaMark on top of the Fine Flourish image. Colour butterfly with blender pen and Orchid Opulence. Sprinkle with Clear Embossing Powder and heat. Cut out butterfly and place on top of large Razzleberry butterfly. Attach with a silver brad. Use dimensionals to pop up butterfly from card base.
Viola!! You're done!
Whisper White card base: 8 1/2 x 4 1/4
Cottage Wall DSP: 1 1/2 x 4 1/4
Stamps: Fine Flourish, Butterfly Accent (both from Occassions Mini Catalogue)
Paper: Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper, Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry
Ink: Orchid Opulence, VersaMark
Accessories: Scor-Pal, Rich Razzleberry PolkaDot Ribbon, Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die, Perfect Details Texturz Plate, Big Shot, White Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Blender Pen, Dimensionals, Silver Brad
4.25 x 4.25 card
Artfully Asian Easel Card
To make an Easel Card, CLICK HERE to follow directions. I changed the dimensions on our card to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. See below for dimensions of card stock.
1. On the Whisper White card stock, stamp the "Iris" stamp with Almost Amethyst ink across bottom of card stock. Over top of that, stamp the "Bird and Bamboo" stamp with Elegant Eggplant ink on a third to half of the card stock.
2. Colour in birds with blender pen and Almost Amethyst and Elegant Eggplant ink.
3. Use sponge dauber with Elegant Eggplant ink along edges of Whisper White card stock.
4. Run the Beautiful Wings Embosslit die with Elegant Eggplant card stock through the Big Shot. Adhere to card stock with dimensional.
1. On the Almost Amethyst strip of card stock, stamp the "iris" stamp in Almost Amethyst ink. Add sentiment in Elegant Eggplant.
2. Glue on "leftover" butterflies from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit die.3. Use the Scallop Trim Border Punch to punch edge closest to the pre-scored line on the Elegant Eggplant strip of card stock. (I pre-scored this strip so that it easily folds upwards to hold the card in place as an easel. Please see instructions on Easel card HERE.)
4. Adhere Almost Amethyst strip up against scored line of Elegant Eggplant strip.
To complete card:
1. Adhere largest piece of Whisper White card stock to inside of Easel. Adhere Scalloped and stamped Eggplant and Amethyst strip to bottom edge of Whisper White card stock.
2. NOW add glitter to main image of card. Use Two-Way Glue pen and add to the areas you want glitter (bamboo leaves and butterfly). Add Fine Cosmo Glitter to areas with glue. NOTE: I always like to add glitter once the card is complete and all pieces are adhered together. This way I won't accidentally handle the glitter and smudge it if the glue is not completely dry.
Almost Amethyst card base: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2
Inside Whisper White piece: 5 1/4 x 4
Elegant Eggplant strip: 5 1/4 x 2 (score at 1/2")
Almost Amethyst: 5 1/4 x 1 1/4
Elegant Eggplant: 4 7/8 x 3 5/8Whisper White: 4 3/4 x 3 1/2
Elegant Eggplant: scrap
Stamp: Artfully Asian
Paper: Whisper White, Almost Amethyst, Elegant Eggplant
Ink: Almost Amethyst, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Scallop Trim Border Punch, Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die, Big Shot, Two-Way Glue Pen, Fine Cosmo Glitter, Dimensional, Blender Pen, Sponge Dauber
4.25 x 5.5 card
Thanks for stopping by.