1. I created a template for reverse masking the rectangle in the center of the card. I cut a piece of card board to 3 1/2 x 4 3/4. I then scored around the edges at 1". I then cut out the inside rectangle using a ruler and Hobby Blade.
2. Place the template over the Naturals White card stock. It should fit perfectly. Sponge Barely Banana ink over the rectangle, leaving a bit of white/unsponged area near the center of the rectangle. Lightly sponge Pumpkin Pie ink around the edges of the rectangle.
3. Stamp two "leafy flourishes" over left hand corner of rectangle in Old Olive. Stamp two small flowers in Pumpkin Pie.
4. Stamp one large flower and one small flower on scrap pieces of Natural White card stock. Cut out. Add brad and dimensionals. Place over leafy flourish.
5. Stamp sentiment of choice in Pumpkin Pie and pop up butterfly with dimensional (Butterfly made from Beautiful Wings Embosslit and BigShot).
Barely Banana Card Base: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2
Pumkin Pie: 3 5/8 x 4 7/8
Naturals White: 3 1/2 x 4 3/4
Old Olive: Scrap for Butterfly
Naturals White: Scrap for Vintage Vogue flowers
Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Well Scripted
Paper: Barely Banana, Pumpkin Pie, Naturals White, Old Olive
Ink: Barely Banana, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Accessories: Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslits, Dimensionals, Chocolate Chip Sending Love 1/4" Epoxy Brads, Sponge, Cardboard template for masking
4.25 x 5.5 card
Fine Flourish Paper Flower with Hand-made Button
To create Button:
1. Punch out six circles using 3/4" Circle Punch. Glue together using Tombo Liquid Glue.
2. Using another button as a template, draw two dots with a pencil (or do it free hand). Use the crop-o-dile to punch out two holes.
3. Using a needle and embroidery thread, sew the button onto the paper flower. You may want to use a paper piercer to make two holes in the flower so your needle goes through the card stock more easily. Also, instead of tying a knot on the thread, just tape it on the back of the card.
To create a Paper Flower:
1. In Black Stazon ink, stamp a Fine Flourish on Whisper White card stock.
2. Punch out three flowers using the Large Fancy Flower punch.
3. Spritz the card stock with water and crumple.
4. Uncrumple and let dry. Adhere all three layers of flower with button and embroidery thread.
1. Stamp Medallion stamp with VersaMark on Bashful Blue card stock.
2. Punch out border on More Mustard card stock using the Scallop Border Punch. Adhere to the Bashful Blue card stock. Then adhere to Basic Black card base.
3. Tie Old Olive Grosgrain into a loose knot. Stick the thin strip of Old Olive card stock (the flower stem) through the knot, then tighten the knot.
4. Glue them stem onto the card, add the completed flower. And don't forget the sentiment of your choice.
Basic Black Card Base: 8 1/2 x 5 1/2
Bashful Blue: 3 7/8 x 5 1/4
More Mustard: 1 x 5 1/4
Whisper White: Scraps for three flowers
Old Olive: Thin strip for flower stem
Basic Black: Scraps for six 3/4 circles
Stamps: Fine Flourish, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Medallion
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, More Mustard
Ink: VersaMark, Basic Black, Stazon Black
Accessories: 3/4" Circle Punch, White Embroidery Thread, Needle, Tombo White Liquid Glue, Scalloped Punch, Old Olive 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Water Spritzer, Paper Piercer, Crop-o-dile
4.25 x 5.5 card
Thanks for stopping by.