Using the Presto Patterns Designer Series Paper is like having the paper already embossed for you. The embossing is already completed for you. If you do not have this type of paper, you can always have this look by using the Emboss Resist Technique.
1. Ink up brayer with Certainly Celery ink and brayer over the Presto Patterns card stock. Keep inking brayer and rolling over paper until the colour is even.
2. Stamp ornate flower from Friends Never Fade stamp set with VersaMark ink on Soft Suede card stock and brayered Presto Patterns DSP.
3. Wipe the embossing buddy over the brayered Presto Patterns DSP and sprinkle with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder. Heat with heat gun.
4. On "pineapplely" looking stamp :) from Friends Never Fade stamp set, colour stamp with Certainly Celery and Pink Pirouette Markers. Don't forget to huff on it; then stamp on Whisper White square.
5. Punch Pinking Hearts Border on Pink Pirouette card stock strip.
6. Adhere all pieces to card base. By the way, I find that the Presto Patterns DSP needs lots of tape since it is a thicker paper.
Whisper White Card Base: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2
Soft Suede: 3 1/2 x 4
Pink Pirouette Strip: 1 x 4
Pink Pirouette: 1 7/8 x 1 7/8
Whisper White: 1 3/4 x 1 3/4
Presto Patterns DSP: 2 x 4 3/4
Stamps: Friends Never Fade
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Suede, Pink Pirouette, Presto Patterns DSP
Ink: Certainly Celery, VersaMark
Accessories: Certainly Celery Marker, Pink Pirouette Marker, Brayer, Heat Gun, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Pinking Hearts Border Punch
4.25 x 5.5 card
I found the instructions to this purse at Inking Idaho. They are very clear with some photos to follow so I am not going to repeat these great instructions. Click on Inking Idaho to get there.
One change it did make was to cut the paper bag to slightly less than 4 1/4" tall. I found that it fit inside the card stock better.
1. Stamp "Friends are like flowers" stamp in So Saffron. Cut carefully and adhere to Certainly Celery card stock.
2. Stamp two flowers on Whisper White scrap card stock. One in Pumpkin Pie and the other in Certainly Celery. Cut out the entire Pumpkin Pie flower and only the center of the Certainly Celery Flower.
3. Pop up flower and center with dimensionals. Attach to front flap of bag making sure you put adhesive ONLY ON TOP HALF of rectangle.
4. Place a velcro dot (I found mine at the dollar store) behind front flap. HINT: Stick the two sides of the velcro dot together. Stick the connected dot to the inside flap and press down. Carefully peel apart the velcro dot and they should be sticking on opposite sides of the purse and flap.Dimensions:
Paper Bag: 4 1/4" tall
Certainly Celery: 4 1/4 x 5 1/5
Certainly Celery: 6 1/4 x 5 1/2 (score at 4 1/4)
DSP: 4 x 5 1/4 (cut two) and 1 3/4 x 5 1/4
Certainly Celery: 1 3/4 x 2 3/8
Whisper White scraps: for Friends Never Fade rectangle and flowers
Stamps: Friends Never Fade
Paper: Waterhouse Gala Designer Series Paper, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Ink: Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron
Accessories: Crop-o-dile, Dimenionals, Certainly Celery 5/8 Grosgrain Ribbon, Glue Dots, Velcro Dot, Scor-Pal
Thanks for stopping by.