Saturday, May 21, 2011

Masked Every Moment

Masked Every Moment by Andrea G71



Another card we made at our May Stamp Club workshop.

Directions:

Stamp image with Black Stazon ink in bottom corner of Whisper White card stock.  Make sure you leave enough room for the eyelet.

Create a mask for your image on a Post-It note and cut out.  Place on top of stamped image.  Here is a great TUTORIAL on masking.  Instead of stamping another image, we sponged around our mask with Bashful Blue ink.  

You will need to create a Template that fits over the 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 Whisper White card stock.  The open rectangle measures at 2 x 2-7/8 but you can make it as big or small as you want.

Use a yellow sponge, not sponge dauber, to pick up Bashful Blue ink and "pounce" over image.  Around edges I also rub in a circular motion to get a more smooth and even effect.

 Colouring with Water Colour Crayons:

To colour the image I used the Neutrals and Brights Water Colour Crayons.  On the larger parts, like the yellow part of the bird, I coloured directly on the image with the crayon.  For the narrow areas, Olive, Black and Pumpkin Pie areas, I picked up colour from the crayon with my blender pen.  The bull rushes were coloured with Crumb Cake and then shaded in with Early Espresso.  Here is a TUTORIAL if you would like to see photos of how it is done.  This tutorial uses an Aquapainter instead of a blender pen.  Both work.

I used the Crop-o-dile to add the eyelets but you can use whatever eyelet setter you feel comfortable with.  I set the eyelets through the Whisper White and Bashful Blue card stock.  Then add the linen thread. 

Dimensions:

Whisper White:  A2 Card Base;  3-1/2 x 4-3/4
Crumb Cake:  5-3/8 x 4-1/8
Bashful Blue:  3-5/8 x 4-7/8

Supplies:

Stamps:  Every Moment
Paper:  Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue, 
Ink:  Black Stazon, Bashful Blue
Accessories:  Cardboard Template for Masked Rectangle, Edge Distresser, Dimensionals, Post-It Note for Image Mask, Neutral Eyelets, Linen Thread, Crop-o-dile, Watercolour Crayons (Neutrals and Brights), Blender Pen, Sponge

Thanks for stopping by.

Edited on June 15, 2011.  Today someone left a anonymous comment saying that I made a "direct copy" of THIS  card, I think,(after searching the site) on Splitcoaststampers.  Unfortunately I don't remember where I got inspiration to make this card since I made it a few months ago and only posted it now.  It looks like I must have since I do see similarities although to me it doesn't look like a direct copy.  I often look at a few cards when I am trying to figure how I might use a particular stamp set.  I guess I am going to have to keep track of all the cards I use as inspiration.  My apologies.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card looks like a direct copy of a card made by AudreyAnn on Splitcoast. Her card was made a year ago. Did you copy it and not give credit? Looks like it.