Friday, July 22, 2011

Wonderful Pinwheels

Wonderful Pinwheels by Andrea G71

You may have noticed that pinwheels seem to be all the rage right now.  Stampin' Up has a new stamp set in the current and NEW catalogue that have a variety of pinwheels ~ Sweet for the Sweets set.  I have also seen a number of cards out there with actual pinwheels on them.  I thought that was such a cute idea and when I saw THIS CARD I decided I need to try making them for myself.  I had never made a pinwheel before, or at least not since I was a child, so I had to go on you tube to find instructions.

There are a couple of details you might like to know about this card....

The square size of the pinwheels is 2" x 2".  As you can see that makes them quite large.  The card that I CASED had smaller pinwheels.

To make the pinwheel "sticks" or holders, I used the birdcage stand from the Aviary stamp set.  Just make sure the "legs" of the stand don't show up on your card.

To make the pinwheel I found that I couldn't hold down the inner points with my fingers very easily.  So what I did was place my paper on the foam of the Mat Pack, fold in a corner and hold it down with my paper piercer.  And keep doing that with all four corners.  When they are all in place, just press firmly to make a hole through all corners and poke piercer all the way through.  Now add your brad through the hole.  Viola!  And there's your pinwheel.

Supplies:

Stamps:  Friendly Phrases, Aviary
Paper:  Whisper White, Just Add Cake DSP
Ink:  Early Espresso
Accessories:  Silver Brads, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Scalloped Border Punch, Dimensional

Thanks for stopping by.

0 comments: