Sunday, October 2, 2011

Penguin Punch Art

Punch Art Penguin and Patterned Party

One of my stamp clubs began meeting again in September after a summer break.  It was great to get together and stamp.  This is one of the cards we made.  I saw THIS card on  Splitcoaststampers by Renee.  She also has a blog,  Stamping for Sanity,  that has wonderful cards.  I thought this card would be a fun one to use with the club.

I guess I would have to say that the trickiest thing about this card is putting the penguin and balloons together.  It's not hard but is time consuming to glue all the little pieces together.   There are three punches I used to create the main image:  3/4" Circle Punch (balloons), Pennant Punch (hat), and the Owl Punch.  I took a photo of all the pieces that need to be punched out.  Sorry that it is not a very clear picture. 




















Another thing to note about this card is that I popped up the Melon Mango and Whisper White square with double dimensionals so it could fit over the Melon Mango Pompoms nicely.  It had a warped look when I didn't do that.  

I think everything else is self-explanitory by looking at the card and supply list. 

Supplies:

Stamps:  Pennant Parade, Patterned Party, Petite Pairs
Paper:  DSP (retired),  Whisper White, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mango
Ink:  Melon Mango, Pumpkin Pie, Black Stazon
Accessories:  Melon Mango Pompom Ribbon (retired), Dotted Scalloped Border Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Owl Punch, Pennant Punch, Dimensionals, Two-Way Glue Pen, White Glue, 

Dimensions:

Whisper White:  4-1/4 x 11 card base, 2-5/8 x 2-5/8, 3-1/8 x 3-1/8, 1/2 x 4-1/8
Melon Mango:  4-1/8 x 5-3/8, 2-3/4 x 2-3/4
Pumpkin Pie:  3 x 3, 4-1/8 strip for scallop border
Scraps in Basic Black, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, DSP, Melon Mango for Punch Art.


Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Awesome colors ... and oh-so-fun.

Gina Unger said...

I LOVE this fun card!