Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Vintage Wallpaper

Vintage Wallpaper by Andrea G71


When I saw THIS card by Debby on her blog lime doodle, I just had to try to replicate it.  (I love this blog, by the way.)  She used a die for cutting out felt for the ribbon, but I didn't have that so I improvised with 5/8" grosgrain ribbon instead.  I also love how the embossed card stock is the focal image of the card.  Need to do that more.

To make the bow:  


Cut a strip of ribbon about 4" in length and cut a "v" in each end.  

I cut another strip of ribbon about  5" in length and made a loop.  I used a glue dot to make sure the loop stayed attached.


Place loop on top of the flat strip and tie a piece of linen thread around the two pieces of ribbon.  


Add the button and tie the thread into a bow.  Use a glue dot to make sure the button is secure and does not wobble.



Supplies:


Stamps:  Apothecary Art (sentiment)
Paper:  Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Ink:  Early Espresso
Accessories:  Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, 5/8" White Grosgrain Ribbon, Linen Thread, Glue Dots, Large Early Espresso Button (retired) 

Sorry the picture has such a blue-ish tinge to it.  Not sure what happened.

Thanks for stopping by.


0 comments: