Thursday, November 29, 2007

Colour Challenge #142



This past Tuesday, I took a look at what the colour challenge was on Splitcoaststampers. I finally completed the cards last night. Yes, I made two using the Season of Joy stamp set. When I was stamping the main image panel, I decided to do two right away just in case I made a mistake and had to trash the one. Takes less time in the end - for me anyways. But it worked out and I was able to get two cards out of it.

So, the colour challenge was bashful blue, certainly celery and basic grey. I don't have the grey, so I used silver card stock instead. I love these colours together. And I really like the samples that used the basic grey. Maybe have to get some of that card stock in the new year.

On this first card, I first inked the main image stamp in Bashful Blue and then wiped the ink off the words "CELEBRATE the SEASON" with my finger. Yeah, I know, very professional. But hey, you gotta do whatever works for you. I then used my Versamarker and coloured the same words with it and the Christmas tree with a Certainly Celery marker. I embossed it with silver embossing powder. Finally, I inked the edges with Bashful Blue ink and dauber, then layered onto Silver and Bashful Blue card stock.

On the Certainly Celery card stock, I stamped the "swirl" in Certainly Celery ink, added three rhinestone brads and tied a ribbon around it. Oh, I also sponged the edges with Celery ink. I taped all the pieces together and used dimesionals behind the main image.

Supplies:

Stamps: Season of Joy
Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Brushed Silver
Ink: Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Versamarker, Certainly Celery Marker

Accessories: Ribbon (Michael's), Silver Embossing Powder, Gemstone Brads (the Paper Studio), Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers

4.25 x 5.5 card

On this second card I used Designer Paper that I received from Alli Miles last week. I noticed that it had the challenge colours in it. Sorry, I don't know which company the dp comes from. On the Bashful Blue card stock, I used one of the Itty Bitty Background stamps with Versamark ink. I also used Olive Satin Ribbon. I made the main image in the same way as the previous card, although sponged with celery ink and added an Olive layer behind the Silver card stock. This card came together very quickly.

Supplies:

Stamps: Season of Joy, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Brushed Silver, Designer Paper (unknown)
Ink: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Versamarker, Versamark, Celery Marker
Accessories: Sponge Daubers, Olive Satin Ribbon (Gale's), Silver Embossing Powder, Dimensionals

4.25 x 5.5 card
Well, that's all for now. I'm off to arrange a play date for Zachary tomorrow. There is no school again tomorrow. My third Friday this month where my "alone" time has been "taken away". Oh, well.

0 comments: