Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Weekend Sketch Challenge #31

Lately it seems like I am having a hard time coming up with inspiration for making a card. It has been taking me a looong time to come up with an idea. Take this Weekend Sketch Challenge of Beate's, for example. I looked at the sketch on Friday and finally came up with something yesterday. Maybe my mind has been on other things. It think that is it. On Thursday I am leading a Moms' group in making a "photo memory page" that can be framed. So I have been busy preparing for that in the last week or so.
In this card, I combined two things: the Weekend Sketch Challenge and the Faux Silk Technique, also by Beate. This last week I came across some tissue paper and saved it specificaly to try out this technique. And it was easier than I thought it would be.

I stamped the flower images with Brown Stazon and then used the Aquapainter in Old Olive and Creamy Caramel to colour them in. You might notice that parts of the flower look pink. Well, that is a fluke. I was colouring on top of a hot pink piece of card stock and it picked up that colour as well. I guess that is one reason Michael's card stock is so cheap....not the best quality wouldn't you say?!? But I do like how it turned out. I then followed the rest of the instructions of the tutorial to finish the faux silk look and placed it on top of Creamy Caramel card stock.

I inked up my background Paisley stamp with Chocolate Chip and stamped it on Close to Cocoa card stock. Tied the 15/16" Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon around it, poked three holes in it....very carefully.... and added three brads.

Lastly I stamped "celebrate" in Chocolate Chip on Creamy Caramel cardstock, cut it out, since I don't have an oval punch and placed an Oval Chipboard Label Holder over top and secured it with two brads.

Once I finally "got inspired" it came together fairly quickly.

Supplies:

Stamps: Nature Stamps by Rhonda Farrer (Autumn Leaves), So Many Sayings, Paisley BG
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Whisper White, White Tissue Paper
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Brown Stazon
Accessories: Aquapainter, Glue stick, Antique Copper Brads, 15/16" Chocolate Chip Ribbon (SU Theatre Ribbon Originals), Paper Piercer, Chipboard Label Holder (Dollarama)

4.25 x 5.5 card

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Andrea! I love it.

Thanks so much for participating in the challenge.

Hugs and smiles

veronica said...

this is absolutely beautiful! i love the faux silk. i still haven't tried it yet.

Mona Lisa said...

This is beautiful. Keep up the great work!

Lisa Strahl