Thursday, June 26, 2008

Take Two: Sketch Challenge #182

There is a blog I often visit called Stampin' with Markie's Mom. She has a very distinct style that you recognize wherever you see it. She adds little dots, usually black or white, outlining the layers of her card. I thought I'd give it a try but keep it a bit more subtle...work up to it slowly. So I just used the white ziggy pen to make the dots. If you look closely you can see them.....yes, very subtle. LOL.


I paper pieced the the image using My Mind's Eye designer paper. It is double sided which is an added bonus. The flower is stamped on one side of the dp and the bird on the other. Then I cut them out and just used the Tombo Liquid Glue to paste them down. Much easier than using a tape runner or glue stick.

Supplies:

Stamps: Fun & Fast Notes, Much Appreciated

Paper: Wild Asparagus line (my mind's eye), Blush Blossom, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Grey, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: White Ziggy pen, Blender Pen, Paper Snips, 3/16"Pewter Eyelet (ProvoCraft), Ribbon (Michael's), Tombo Liquid Glue, 1 3/8" Square Punch, 1 1/4" Square Punch

4.75 x 4.75 card

Thanks for stopping by.

PS This might be my last post for a while. I can't guarantee regular posts. I need to scrapbook our New York trip before I forget all the little details.....or get unmotivated. I also need to make a jean picnic blanket. We forgot ours at a campsite last summer and we NEED another one.

0 comments: