Thursday, November 22, 2007

I won??!!??

Last week when I went on Alli Miles blog, Card Metaphors, she had a post saying that the first two people who email her will be mailed some of her designer paper. Well, since her blog is one of the first blogs I check in the morning, around 7am, I noticed I was the second person to post a comment. And later that day I got an email saying that I would receive some of her designer paper. Yippee!! Yesterday I got the package in the mail. There are some beautiful pieces of designer paper in the envelope. I mostly get my paper from Michael's or Stampin' Up! because it is so convenient. After seeing this paper, I realized that I need to make the effort to go to the local scrapbooking stores.

This is the card I made as a Thank you to her. The horizontal strip of designer paper is a piece from the stash she sent me. Thanks, Alli. (The Rose Red scalloped circle is actually a perfect match to the dark pink in the patterned paper. I tried a number of pictures to try to get the colour to match, but it didn't work out.)


Recipe:

Stamps: Bird from Nature Stamps by Rhonda Farrer (Autumn Leaves), Much Appreciated (SU)
Paper: Designer Paper (unknown from Alli Miles), Green Scroll (NRN Designs), Whisper White, Rose Red,
Ink: Timber Brown Stazon, Old Olive, So Saffron Marker
Accessories: Sponge Dauber, Two-way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Olive Satin Ribbon, Giga & Mega Marvy Scalloped Circle Punches, Gemstones (the Paper Studio & Darico)


4.75 x 4.75 card

0 comments: