Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What the Heart Needs...

Summer, sun, friends, swimming lessons and lots of activites.... At least that is what is making us happy lately. I can't believe summer is almost over. For some reason July was pretty low key and now we are trying to pack in all the fun stuff in before school begins....in two and a half weeks. Aaaaah!! But they will be good ones!

But back to stamping.... I am so glad I got this stamp set, Serene Spring. I really love it and am having so much fun watercolouring with my Aquapainter. For this card, I was inspired by scrapnextras card on splitcoaststampers.


Just a few details about how I went about making this card: First, I stamped two of the same images on a piece of Whisper White card stock and used the Aquapainter to colour in the image. I used the 1 1/4" Square Punch to punch out three different parts of the image. Then I punched out pieces of Pumpkin Pie card stock with the 1 3/8" Square Punch and cut out pieces in Whisper White at 1 5/8". I taped those all together and added dimensionals to the back and popped them up over the orange ribbon.

I used the Stampamajig to line up the sentiment into three lines (the stamp comes as one long line) and cut it out to fit under the hodgepodge hardware. Unfortunately I do not remember what kind of Designer Paper I used. I found the piece in my scrap drawer.

Supplies:

Stamps: Serene Spring
Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Designer Paper (unknown - from my scrap drawer)
Ink: Brown Stazon, Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron
Accessories: Aged Copper Hodgepodge Hardware (retired), Orange Ribbon (Gale's), Dimensionals, 1 1/4" Square Punch, 1 3/8" Square Punch, Stampamajig (I am tired of putting in the hyphens! LOL)

4.25 x 5.5 card

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comments:

Lynn Put said...

This is very pretty! I like how you have the image in squares and the colors are wonderful!