Thursday, October 16, 2008

Circled Inspiration Challenge


Last Thursday I checked out the Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoaststampers. Inspiration came from a Japanese artist called Mizue Hirano. I loved her art work and knew immediately that I wanted to use the Circles and Dots acrylic set by Inkadinkado. Which, by the way, I had not used yet. (I loved the set but didn't know what to do with it). Well, this was perfect for it, I thought. This is her sample I was inspired by. In one of my tries I added the Rose Red colour, but it just didn't look right. So in my last try I made it without and it looked much better.

All I did to make this card was stamp various circle arrangements (there are fifteen of them in this set!) on a piece of watercolour paper in Certainly Celery, Not Quite Navy and So Saffron. Then I used my water spray bottle to spritz a bit of water onto it from about foot away from the paper. Yes, I know I make it sound easy, and it is, but it took me three tries to get the look I wanted. The key, for me, is to spray lightly!! Don't spray too much water on the image!! Even with the three tries, this card came together very quickly.

Supplies:

Stamps: It's Your Birthday (retired), Circle and Dots (Inkadinkado)
Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Not Quite Navy, Watercolour Paper
Ink: Certainly Celery, Not Quite Navy, So Saffron, Stazon Black
Accessories: Water Spritzer/Bottle, Stampamajig (for the Happy Birthday sentiment)

4.25 x 5.5 card

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

SmilynStef said...

I love the cool water color effect of spraying after stamping ... gorgeous inspired card.

Anonymous said...

Saw this on SCS and followed your link here to tell you again how much I like it!! I love the colors - I'm a blues/greens and browns kinda girl. It's perfect! I'm adding your blog to my google reader. I really like your style.

Anonymous said...

I really like this one. It's very elegant and artistic.

Val

veronica said...

love that watercolor look. paper really does matter!