Monday, December 22, 2008

Lovely as a Tree Masked

The boys are finally on their school break. It is so nice to sleep in, take some time to get going in the morning and not have to rush around. One boy is playing and the other is watching a bit of TV right now, so I thought I'd quickly write another post. I might only have a few minutes before this peace and quite ends. :)



This is another Christmas card I sent out this year. To make the mask, I cut out an oval from cardboard with the Coluzzle template. The cardboard oval cutout/template was placed over the white card stock and held firmly in place. I inked up the Lovely as a Tree stamp and stamped off once on scrap. Then I stamped over the cardboard template. Keeping the template in place, I sponged Bordering Blue ink inside the entire oval. After removing the template, I stamped the evergreen tree off to the one side of the oval and "Merry Christmas" on the other side. I then placed the template over the oval image again and pierced holes around the oval, omiting the areas with the evergreen tree and the sentiment. (I had previously pierced holes evenly in the cardboard template. That way I just needed to place the template over the finished image and pierce through the holes of the template to the cardstock. Much quicker and perfect every time!!)


Note: On the cards I sent out, I added another layer. I added Bravo Burgundy card stock beneath the Whisper White card stock. Of course I forgot to take a picture.


Supplies:


Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Holidays and Wishes
Paper: Always Artichoke, Whisper White
Ink: Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy, Bordering Blue
Accessories: 5/8" Burgundy Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Piercer, Sponge


4.25 x 5.5 card


Thanks for stopping by.

0 comments: