Thursday, December 18, 2008

Season of Joy

Yesterday my mom sent out her Christmas card/email and I noticed that she added my blog address in the letter. So that means that I had better update and add another post. The pressure is on!


I have been busy making Christmas cards for our family. Then on Monday, Byron's boss asked me to make 25 cards for him by the end of the week. I ended up making 12 new ones for him and just taking the rest from the stack of cards I was going to send out. Luckily I made too many because I had enough cards for us and him!


This is the card I made. The picture shown is the my first take on the card. I ended up using a variety of patterned paper in the same colour scheme and all with various patterns of polka dots. Unfortunately I just realized that I forgot to take pictures of the other cards I made using patterned paper by Basic Grey and My Mind's Eye. I actually like some of the other paper I used better. Oh well.

I made some of the cards using 5/8" Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon and others using the 7/8" Chocolate Satin Ribbon (from last years Stampin' Up! mini catalogue). I inked up the edges of the card stock with the edge of the stamp pad and I cut out the tree and popped it up with dimensionals.



Supplies:


Stamps: Season of Joy, Warm Words
Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla, Designer Paper (??)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow
Accessories: Dimensionals, Ribbon, Brads (Dollarama), Crop-o-dile


4.25 x 5.5 card


Thanks for stopping by.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Annie.