Delightful Decorations in Red and Teal
1. Use the 1/16" Corner Rounder Punch to round corners of the large piece of Whisper White card stock, Real Red card stock and Holiday Lounge Designer Series Paper. Tape these three pieces together.
2. Tie ribbon around these three pieces in a knot at the side.
3. Ink up "flourish" from Baroque Motifs set in Real Red and stamp on small piece of Whisper White card stock. Tape to small piece of Taken with Teal card stock.
4. Tape on top of card stock with ribbon.
5. Stamp two Delightful Decoration stamps with Taken with Teal ink on scraps of Whisper White card stock. Punch out with Decoration Punch (or cut out by hand).
6. On both decorations, wrap silver cord around top of ornament and making a loop. Tape the ends to the back of the ornament. (This step was actually quite tricky. In the photo I had used retired silver cord whereas at the stamp club we used the silver cord from the current mini catalogue. This cord is more stretchy than the previous kind is actually kind of hard to work with. In the future I will have to modify - and practice! - how to use this cord easily.)
7. On the one decoration image, add a silver brad. On the other add two to three dimensionals. Stick onto card.
Stamps: Delightful Decorations, Baroque Motifs
Ink: Real Red, Taken with Teal
Paper: Taken With Teal, Whisper White, Real Red, Holiday Lounge DSP
Accessories: 1/16" Corner Rounder Punch, Dimensionals, Scotch Tape, Silver Brads, Silver Cord, Real Red 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, 1/16" Hand Held Punch, Decoration Punch
Taken with Teal Card Base: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2
Whisper White: 5 3/8 x 4 1/8
Real Red: 3 1/8 x 4 1/8
Holiday Lounge DSP: 3 x 4
Taken with Teal: 2 7/8 2 1/8
Whisper White: 2 3/4 x 2
Whisper White Scraps for Decorations
Serene Snowflakes Notepad
The main image uses all four stamps from the Serene Snowflakes stamp set with each snowflake having its own colour of ink or shimmer paint.
1. Stamp the two medium sized snowflakes first using Bordering Blue and Sahara Sand ink on the Kraft card stock.
2. Stamp the small snowflakes in Whisper White on the Kraft card stock.
3. On the large snowflake, use a paint brush to apply Champagne Mist shimmer paint onto the stamp. Apply evenly and not too thickly. A little goes a long way. Stamp on the Kraft card stock. Let dry.
4. Distress one edge of the small piece of Bordering Blue card stock with Distresser. Tape onto the piece of Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper. Tape onto stamped Kraft card stock. Tie on ribbon.
5. Place large piece of Bordering Blue card stock VERTICALLY on Scor-Pal. Score at 3". Flip 180 degrees and score again at 3". Fold to make a "booklet".
6. Tape completed Kraft card stock on to the front "cover" of Bordering Blue booklet.
7. Use Sticky Tape on back of 5 x 2.5 notepad. (I bought 5x8 notepads at Staples. For a small fee they cut them in half.) Tape on inside of booklet.
I found this idea on the Papertrey Ink blog by Nichole Heady. Click HERE to find other great samples using this note pad idea.
Stamps: Serene Snowflakes
Ink: Sahara Sand, Bordering Blue, Whisper White Craft
Paper: Bordering Blue, Kraft, Bella Bleu DSP
Accessories: White Shimmer Paint, Champagne Shimmer Paint, White Taffeta Ribbon, Sponge, Paintbrush, Distresser, 5 x 8 Notepads (cut in half at Staples), Sticky Tape
Bordering Blue: 5 3/4 x 8 1/4
Kraft: 8 1/8 x 2 5/8
Bordering Blue: 1 5/8 x 2 5/8
Bella Blue DSP: 1 1/2 x 2 5/8
Thanks for stopping by.