Friday, December 7, 2007

For a Wedding


I made this card for my husband's co-worker who got married last Saturday. I was planning on going to the wedding. In fact I had just started getting ready and Zachary yelled from the living room, "Caleb threw up!". Just great. Well, Byron ended up going to the wedding alone and I stayed at home helping my youngest aim for the pail. That's four bouts of the flu in one month. Could you say that we are done for the year!!??

Anyway, here is the card.

I don't have a Cuttlebug, so what I've done is used the Embossed Box of Cards from Michaels and trimmed the embossed part to whatever size I want. They are just plain white cards and I was finding that I wasn't using them at all. I think I will use them more this way and I can choose whatever colour I want for a card base.

I pulled out last year's SAB set, Delight in Life, which I have never used before. I thought it looked kind of weddingish. The sentiment is also last year's SAB set, Happy Harmony. I guess it is better late than never to use something. I used aquapainters to colour in the flowers. I thought some of it turned out too dark and uneven. When I was using them, I definitely used too much water. I had to let them dry. I guess I need some more practice. By the way, I stamped the same flower in Mellow Moss and cut out the petals to use for the leaves.

Well, gotta run. I am making some card sets as Christmas presents for friends.

Supplies:

Stamps: Delight in Life, Happy Harmony
Paper: Embossed Box of Cards (DCWV), Elegant Eggplant, Pale Plum
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Mellow Moss. Pale Plum, So Saffron
Accessories: Oval Scalloped Punch (Marvy), Plum Satin Ribbon (Gale's), Oval Coluzzle, Blender Pens, Aquapainter, Dimesionals. Sponge Dauber

5.5 x 5.5 card

0 comments: