Thursday, December 23, 2010

Peace on Earth

Another card for the Venture Club and Stack Parties.

You might have noticed that I used Always Artichoke ink for the string of the ornament even though there is Old Olive in the Designer Series Paper and the scalloped trim.  Normally I wouldn't do this because it isn't a perfect match.  But when you are preparing cards for a Stack party, it is best not to "share" inks between the various cards.  So, I needed to use a different green.  Gold didn't seem to show up very well and I didn't like it in red for some reason.  So Always Artichoke it stayed.

By the way, you know that vertical gold strip?  Those were made from pieces of card stock I had saved and had been sitting in my pile for a very long time.  Those little pieces do come in handy eventually!

Oops.  I just realized that I forgot to take a picture of the card after it was altered.  On the completed card I added a scalloped border in Old Olive card stock across the card (5 1/2" length); on top of the  red, gold and white card stock.  I used the Dotted Scalloped Ribbon Border Punch.  It just seemed to finish off the card.  You'll have to use your imagination to visualize it.  :)

Supplies:

Stamps:  Peaceful Season (Level 2 Hostess)
Paper:  Crumb Cake (also known as Kraft), Real Red, Brushed Gold, Whisper White, Old Olive, Jolly Holiday DSP
Ink:  Early Espresso, Real Red, Always Artichoke, Gold
Accessories:  Gold Brad, 1/16" Hand Held Punch, Dotted Scalloped Punch, Dimensional, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Gun

4.25 x 5.5 card

Thanks for stopping by.







1 comments:

Julie said...

This is beautiful, Andrea! I love the script in that sentiment stamp!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the sweet comment. :) I have been thinking about doing a ribbon tutorial and will try to get it up soon in the New Year. :)