Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Comforting Fitting Occasion

A Comforting Fitting Occasion by Andrea G71


Stamp Club Card No. 2

This isn't a set that I would normally purchase.  There are 23 stamps in this set and they are small.  I often have trouble figuring out what to do with small stamps.  But I purchased it anyway so that I could challenge myself to figure out how to use this type of set in a number of ways.   

One thing I would change on the card is to pop up the two postage stamp punch images with dimensionals.  I think the three images would be better positioned on the card if they were all popped up.   

Did you know that one of the colours in the Comfort Cafe DSP is Midnight Muse?  I do not have that card stock yet, so I used Not Quite Navy instead.  I found that it worked quite well with this pattern.

TIP: I used the new Chevron Folder on this card.  The "chevron stripes" actually go vertically on the folder.  I wanted them to be horizontal on my card so I placed the Vanilla card stock partially in the the folder to have them emboss the way I wanted. 

Supplies:

Stamps:  A Fitting Occasion
Paper:  Comfort Cafe, Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede
Ink:  Not Quite Navy, Soft Suede
Accessories:  1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Curly Label Punch, Postage Stamp Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Dimensionals. Chevron Embossing Folder, Big Shot

Thanks for stopping by.

0 comments: