Monday, March 10, 2008

Love Birds

Lately I've been coming across the Anniversary Birds stamp by Verve Visual on Splitcoaststampers or various blogs. What a neat stamp. I don't have that stamp, but I do have a bird stamp as part of Nature Stamps by Rhonda Farrer (Autumn Leaves). So I made my own version of that set.
Reflection Technique:

Here is how I stamped the two birds facing each other: I used a piece of Vellum Card Stock and stamped with Brown Stazon on one side of the vellum. I flipped the vellum over and stamped the bird again on the other side so that it is facing the other one. It is as easy as that!!
There is a tutorial on Splitcoaststampers using acetate/transparencies with this technique. Just click HERE to view it. I'd like to try it sometime.

I coloured in the birds with Certainly Celery and Cool Caribbean ink with an Aquapainter. By the way, I did not stamp with Stazon the first time, so when I coloured the birds, the brown ink ran into the other colours. Oops. Then I remembered that I should have used Stazon. Vellum is a non-porous surface and Stazon works much better!!

I didn't use any adhesive to adhere the vellum to the Whisper White Card Stock underneath it, since I don't have anything that would not show. What I did instead was used the brads and photo anchor to hold the vellum in place.

I am happy with the way this card turned out. And I love the Designer paper. I think it looks like crazy,colourful, doodled eggs. Enjoy.

Supplies:

Stamps: Bird from Nature Stamps by Rhonda Farrer (Autumn Leaves ), Love (Studio G Clear Stamps)
Paper: Phoebe Designer Paper (Basic Grey), Whisper White, Cool Caribbean, Vellum Card Stock
Ink: Brown Stazon, Chocolate Chip, Cool Caribbean, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Slit Punch, 1/8 Hand Held Punch, Vintage Copper Brads, Vintage Copper Photo Anchor (Dollarama - believe it or not!)

4.25 x 5.5 card

Thanks for stopping by.

0 comments: