Sunday, March 16, 2008

Weekend Sketch Challenge #39

Embrace Life with Copper Stickles

I worked on Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge ALL Friday afternoon, or so it seemed like, and it didn't come together until late Friday night. It actually took two tries before this card to finally make something I liked. I think the challenge card wasn't coming together because I was wanted to use the Brocade Backgrounds Designer Paper (from the Winter Catalogue). I like the paper, but I just can't seem to make it look good on a card. I think I might have to give it away. *wink, wink*


On this card I began with a Chocolate Chip card base and layered on Mellow Moss and the muted Chocolate Chip pattern from the Brocade Backgrounds DP.

I stamped the leafy branch from the Embrace Life set on Vellum Card stock in Brown Stazon. I layered the vellum on Mellow Moss and Chocolate Chip. I adhered the vellum down with adhesive on one corner - the corner I knew would be covered by the scalloped circle - and a photo anchor in the opposite corner. Most adhesives show through vellum so I always try to attach it using some sort of embellishment.
I used my Marvy punches to punch out circles in Vellum and Chocolate Chip DP and a scalloped circle in Mellow Moss. The "thanks" was stamped in Brown Stazon again as well as more leaves. With the leaves I stamped-off on a scrap of paper before stamping on the vellum. I wanted it to look more muted. Then I coloured in the leaves with Mellow Moss in, and attached the vellum with brads. I also popped up the scalloped image with a dimensional.
Once all the layers were attached, I used my new Copper Stickles on the leaves, "thanks" and scallops. I love that stuff! Haven't I said that before in a previous post. I now have black and copper stickles and there are LOTS more colours out there. LOL.

Supplies:

Stamps: Embrace Life, Much Appreciated
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Mellow Moss, Vellum Card Stock, Brocade Backgrounds Card Stock
Ink: Brown Stazon, Mellow Moss
Accessories: Antique Copper Brads and Photo Anchor, Copper Stickles, Blender Pen, Dimensional, Marvy Mega Scalloped Punch, Marvy Circle Punch

4.25 x 5.5 card

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Andrea! You always come up with wonderful cards for the challenges!
Have a great week! Hugs and smiles

antje said...

I really, really like your card, the colors, the stamps you choose and the sparkel it has...well done

Anonymous said...

Your work is awesome ! what are these stickles ? Never heard before...
What a gorgeous card !