Saturday, March 22, 2008

Weekend Sketch Challenge #40

This afternoon I have had a bit of time to play around with my paper and stamps. The "boys" are out watching their babysitter play hockey. (They are in the play-offs so it is supposed to be quite exciting. I'm not sure if my three and five-year-old will appreciate it as much as my husband does.) So... I have the house to myself. Yippee!! What a treat.

I was able to play do Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. This card came together quite quickly today. You might notice that I sewed on the outside layers of the card with white thread. I had my sewing machine out to put patches on the boys' jeans. Before putting it away, I made a few card backings for future use. I'm a little rusty with my sewing skills.

A few other details:

* I distressed the edges of the various paper layers.

* The butterfly is paper pieced (I stamped on the patterned paper, cut it out and glued it to the stamped image.).

* The strip of green in the circled image is cut into little strips to give the effect of grass.

Supplies:

Stamps: Fun and Fast Notes
Paper: Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, Designer Paper (Fancy Pants)
Ink: Brown Stazon, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Distresser (Cutter Kit), Mega Scallop Punch (marvy), Circle Punch (marvy), Olive Satin Ribbon (Gale's), White Thread, Sewing Machine

4.25 x 5.5 card

Thanks for stopping by.

PS We had over forty adults and children at our house yesterday and it went very well. Our house didn't feel crowded, but almost all the rooms were being used. (Our house is only 1350 square feet, not including the basement.) It was lots of fun and food and I'd definitely do it again!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card, Andrea! I love that stamp.
Happy Easter
Hugs and smiles