Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Artfully Asian Thankyou


This is a card I made for a friend. It was quick and easy.
I've been looking everywhere for square envelopes that will fit 4.25 x 4.25 cards. So far they are impossible to find. What I did find were envelopes that fit 5 x 5 cards at Michael's. And guess what? I was able to use my 50% off coupon this last weekend....I saved $9....woohoo!The box contains 40 cards and envelopes with various types of embossing on it. We'll see what I can come up with...kind of boring since they are all white.
On this card the "Thank you" is embossed. I carefully traced the letters with my Versamarker pen and then used a sponge dauber with mellow moss chalk and lightly daubed the letters. I tried to do the same with three embossed lines that bordered the outside of the card, but that did not turn out so I cut the edges off. I stamped the blossom branch with ink and then used the blender pen and chalks to colour in the flowers. As Caleb (age 2.75) would say, "easy-peasy". Because I had to cut the card, it didn't have a fold anymore. I made a new card base out of whisper white card stock, cut a piece of perfect plum card stock, used the ticket corner punch on the original white card stock, sponged the edges with mellow moss ink and adhered it all together. Wallah!
And the moral of the story is: you can usually fix your mistakes when making cards or scrapbooking.
Happy stamping!
Andrea
Recipe:
5 x 5 card
Stamps: Artfully Asian
Paper: Whisper White, Perfect Plum
Ink: Mellow Moss, Close to Cocoa, Versamarker
Accessories: Chalks, Blender Pens, Sponge Daubers, Ticket Corner Punch,

0 comments: