Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sketch Challenge


This is the card I made for last week's sketch challenge on Splitcoaststampers. I have finally found the time to upload it. With Zachary starting Kindergarten (and Caleb back at nursery school) I feel like I have begun a new job as well. We are having very early mornings compared to the summer. I have to get used to this new routine and not feel quite as harried. It will get easier.
A couple things to note about this card since it is hard to see on the photo: I used the "dotted" print stamp on the Bashful Blue card stock with Bashful Blue ink, stamped the three-flowered stamp over it with VersaMark and finally, embossed with clear embossing powder. I also distressed and sponged all the edges of the card stock except for the card base in Sahara Sand.
Technique: Rock & Roll
Using the Rock and Roll techique is simple but fun. Make sure you are using a bold image stamp. Stamp your image in a light coloured ink first and then roll the edges in a darker colour ink. Now stamp on your card stock. Done! Very easy. Make sure you are using light ink first otherwise you will add ink to the second ink pad. If this does happen, lightly dab away the darker ink with a paper towel or baby wipe.
Have a great day!
Recipe:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card
Stamps: Looks Like Spring, Holidays & Wishes (from the heart)
Paper: Sahara Sand, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Sahara Sand, Bashful Blue, Basic Black, VersaMark
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Cutter Kit (distresser), Ribbon (Michael's), Silver Brads, Gemstone (Paper Studio), Sponge Dauber

1 comments:

GVU said...

I am so impressed with you, Andrea! I didn't even know that you started your own BLOG! You are indeed "computer savvy" now, whether or not you think so! Anyhow, I had read through your last email so quickly that I had overlooked the link to your blog, but now that I know it's here, I'm going to be checking it out regularly to see your BEAUTIFUL cards! If only I still had the time to make them...why did I have kids, again?! (just joking)
Anyway, even though they're all great, I think this last card is my favourite of all the ones so far on your blog. Keep them coming!