Monday, January 7, 2008

Finally Stamping in the New Year


I am finally back into the blogging world. I did check a few of my favourite blogs while out in BC, but I'm not computer savvy enough to post away from my own computer.

I spent today trying to get inspired. And to do that I looked up some of my favourite blogs for some card sketches. I made THREE cards. I just finished my third. The light right now isn't good enough to take a picture of them (since I usually set it up near my window in the afternoon,)so I will do that tomorrow and then make some posts with those cards.

While in BC I did a stamp class at my aunt's house. We spent the evening making five cards. This is one of the cards we made. I wanted something quick to keep things moving along. I thought is displays patterned paper nicely. The card base is cut to 7.5" x 5.5" in Pretty in Pink, scored at 4.25" which then folds into a regular 5.5" x 4.25 card.



In the second picture, you can see that I have a stip of patterned paper inside the card. I taped only the sides and bottom of the paper so that there is an opening at the top to place a gift card if you would like.

By the way, this card was CASEd from Atomicbutterfly on SCS. I love the cards she makes.

Recipe:

Stamps: Garden Silhouettes, Much Appreciated
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Petals and Prints Designer Paper
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery Markers
Accessories: 15/16" Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon

Thanks for stopping by.

0 comments: