Friday, January 25, 2008

Ribbon Flower


Last night as I was browsing my favourite blogs and I came across a ribbon card on by Kristina on kwernerdesign (look under her January 21 post). I thought this was a very neat technique and decided to try it out. She has a video tutorial which is quite helpful.

I noticed during the video, Kristina made a hole in the paper with a paper piercer and it took a bit of fiddling to get the ribbon through. So instead, I used the 1/8" hand held punch to make my holes. As a result, I had to "fluff" the ribbon up a bit so that the holes would not show. Next time I will try to place my holes a bit better so the flower doesn't look quite as lopsided. I paper pierced holes to make some swirls just like Kristina did, as well as raising the main image on dimensionals.

There are a few things I did change slightly from her design. I framed the main image with Bashful Blue a little larger in width so I could add a straight line of holes and the sentiment "praying for you". I also used the Certainly Celery Designer Series Paper. To finish it off, I distressed the the edges of the card stock and then sponged it in either Old Olive or Bashful Blue, coordinating with the card stock.

This card took about half an hour and was a lot of fun to make.

Supplies:

Stamps: So Many Sayings
Paper: Old Olive, Certainly Celery Designer Series Paper, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Dimensionals, Olive Satin Ribbon (Gale's), Bashful Blue Taffeta Ribbon, Sponge Dauber, Distresser (Cutter Kit)

4.25 x 5.5 card

Thanks for stopping by.

0 comments: