Thursday, January 17, 2008

Finally...The Third Installment of my Inspiration Attempt

Yes, this is finally a post for the third card I made after the holidays when I was trying to get inspired and into the swing of card making again. That was about a week and a half ago. Let's see if I remember how I made this card. LOL

I made this card after I made the "Cupcake Card". This one was also inspired by Natasha's card, as well as Laurie's card. (The bottom part with the ribbon).

First I stamped the flower from Time Well Spent on Whisper White, coloured it with blender pens and then cut it out. I stamped the Vellum card stock with the dotted argyle background stamp from Looks Like Spring in Whisper White craft ink. I placed it on top of Old Olive cs, then on the Nook Circles patterned paper. I taped the flowers on top of the vellum, punched holes with the crop-o-dile and added the pewter jumbo brads. Finally I taped it all to the pink side of that same patterned paper.

For the sentiment, I stamped "Happy Birthday" on a small strip of vellum. Punched out circles, folded it over the ends of the vellum and carefully taped it down on the inside so that it was secure. Then I punched a 1/8" hole through the Old Olive and vellum card stock, completing the card by tying the ribbon through the holes. At some point I used glue dots behind the old olive half circles and ribbon just to secure it even more.

Well, there you go. Now let's hope, in the future, it doesn't take three tries to be inspired.

Supplies:

Stamps: Time Well Spent, It's Your Birthday, Looks Like Spring
Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Vellum Card Stock, Nook Circles Double-sided Patterned Paper (Chatterbox)
Ink: Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White Craft, Old Olive
Accessories: Pewter Jumbo Brads, Crop-o-dile, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1/8" Hand Held Punch, Olive Satin Ribbon, Mini glue dots

4.25 x 5.5 card

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comments:

Alli Miles said...

Love this card. Just wanted to let you know I do stop by and check out your blog too!