Friday, January 11, 2008

Mojo Monday on Friday

Just a quick post today. I feel a bit pressed for time. We have a busy weekend coming up. Every evening we have a social "outing", and I have to prepare some kind of food for each event. So I am taking a break from making the Mud Pie and procrastinating from preparing the veggie and fruit platters and doing something I want to do. Friday and Wednesday mornings, when I have the house to myself, it is all about me. *LOL *

Yesterday I had a bit of time to stamp. I needed a sketch to start from so I went to Poetic Artistry and looked up Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge. Here are a few details about the card:

* I distressed all the edges and then sponged them with a dauber in either Close to Cocoa or Not Quite Navy ink.

* The leaves are stamped in Brown Stazon right on the designer paper.

* To colour in the flower, I used a blender pen and an aquapainter. To make a more watery effect or lighter colour I used the aquapainter. For a bolder colour, I used the blender pen, keeping lots of ink on the tip so it wouldn't fade away.

Supplies:

Stamps: Time Well Spent, So Many Sayings
Paper: Naturals White, Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Close to Cocoa, Bohemia Series Designer Paper (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White Craft, Old Olive, Brown Stazon
Accessories: Distresser (Cutter Kit), Sponge Dauber, Antique Copper Brads (makingmemories), Dimensional, Blender Pen, AquaPainter

4.25 x 5.5 card

Well, that's all for now. Thanks for stopping by.

0 comments: