Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Card Therapy


I love the simple, clean style of I {heart} 2 Stamp. A while back I saw THIS card of hers and decided to CASE it. (By the way, CASE means "Copy And Share Everything".) Sometimes it seems like I can't do the the very simple cards without any or at least very minimal layers making it a very clean look. I think I need layers to cover up the imperfections. Sponging and distressing are great things when you need to cover up mistakes. Even on this card, I had to add another piece of patterned paper besides the polka dotted paper and ribbon as well. I guess that means that I can use other peoples' ideas and make them my own. And that's OK because I'm moving in the right creative direction . (This is starting to sound like card therapy. LOL)

Supplies:

Stamps: Live Your Dream, Warmest Regards (retired)
Paper: Anna Griffin Designer Paper, Naturals White, Barely Banana
Ink: Rose Red, Mellow Moss
Accessories: Taffeta Blue Ribbon, Scalloped Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Dimensional, Rose Cosmo Glitter, Two-way Glue Pen

4.25 x 5.5 card

Thanks for stopping by.
P.S. I'm still trying to get the lighting right when I'm taking a picture of a card. Please be patient.

1 comments:

jjcreations said...

This is a very nice, clean cut card. I usually want to add something more too....although that is where I am growing. I sometimes need to work on adding just that tiny bit more. LOL Joan