Friday, April 4, 2008

Stitched Exotics and Micro Beads

The other day while I was at Dollarama, the local dollar store, I came across micro beads. They had a whole bunch of colours but I controlled myself and just bought green, blue and silver. Yesterday I got out the green beads.



I made sure that I used my embossing buddy to get rid of the static of the beads by rubbing it all over the inside of the powder pal. Otherwise they will stick to your fingers and the powder pal when you want to pour them back into the container. You also need to be careful that they don't bounce all over the place when you are pouring them on to your project.


First I stamped the flower from Stitched Exotics on Certainly Celery in Whisper White Craft ink and embossed it with White Embossing Powder. I then used the Tombo Liquid Glue on the five inside points of the flower, lay it in the powder pal and poured the micro beads over the glue until all of it was well covered (as shown in the picture).




I pressed them down gently and poured the excess off.







For the leaves, I stamped on Whisper White with Certainly Celery ink. I then followed the above steps. I lay the flower and leaves aside to dry for a bit then cut the leaves and flower with the Paper Snips.


"Celebrate" was stamped in Whisper White on Bordering Blue card stock and the embossed with White Embossing Powder. I added the flower and leaves with dimensionals. I used two kinds. The EKSuccess dimensionals are quite thick so I used them on the flower to give it more height than the leaves, on which I used SU dimensionals.


The "flairs" at the edge of the Whisper White card base stamped in Bordering Blue ink. First I stamped off on a piece of scrap paper and then on the white card stock. I sponge daubed the edge of the card base with Bordering Blue.


I was on a roll, so I made two more cards. So hopefully I can post those in the next day or two.


Supplies:


Stamps: Stitched Exotics, Celebrate Everything
Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Not Quite Navy, Bordering Blue
Ink: Whisper White Craft, Certainly Celery, Bordering Blue
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Green Micro Beads (Dollarama), Tombo Mono Multi Liquid Glue, Dimensionals (SU and EKSuccess)


4.25 x 5.5 card


Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing card, once again, Andrea!
The beads add a wonderful effect. Yay for Dollarama!

jjcreations said...

Oh my word.....I love this card and what you did with the microbeads. I am so going to copy this....Joan