Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tried a New Technique on Monday - TLC162

Paper Tole

Yesterday I tried out Monday's Challenge on SCS. It took me basically all afternoon since I'd work on it five minutes here, five minutes there. The challenge called for using the Paper Tole Technique with an image other than a flower. I pulled out my Fun & Fast Notes set. I hadn't used the stroller image and thought I'd "go for a walk" with it. I have a couple of friends who are pregnant so I know that this card will come in handy. ( I guess I'd make a different one for you, Val, since you've seen this one now. LOL)

I stamped the image three times on Naturals White card stock. I coloured all the images with Certainly Celery and Night of Navy with a blender pen and aquapainter and then I cut out two of the images VERY CAREFULLY. To get in between the wheels I used an exacto knife. The bottom image I punched out with the Marvy Scalloped Square. I used dimensionals to pop up the upper two images.

I used the Small Corner Rounder Punch to make a scalloped edge to Olive Den Plaid patterned paper. I taped the patterned paper on top of Night of Navy card stock and used the Word Window punch. I inked up the sentiment ONLY of the stroller stamp and used my stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the words inside the window.

Yes, the cutting of the image did take a bit of time, but the rest of the card came together nicely.
Supplies:

Stamps: Fun and Fast Notes
Paper: Naturals White, Old Olive, Night of Navy, Olive Den Plaid (Scrapbook Walls by Chatterbox)
Ink: Certainly Celery, Night of Navy, Brown Stazon
Accessories: Blender Pen, Aquapainter, Marvy Scalloped Square Punches, Small Corner Rounder Punch, Navy Organdy Ribbon, Word Window Punch, Sponge Dauber, Dimensionals, Paper Snips

4.5 x 4.5 card

By the way, I am not sure how often I will be able to make a post. My DH and I are going to San Antonio, Texas in a week and I've been busy getting the house and food ready for my in-laws and the boys for when we are gone. I am sooo excited (Whoo hoo!!!) to leave this cold province for five days. But remember, once I hit 5,000 hits, there will be some blog candy. So stay posted.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Ila said...

I love this card!!...and the layered carriage...Totally Fabulous!!!

jjcreations said...

Very nice job with the paper tole. I love the plaid background too. Joan