Monday, February 11, 2008

Fabulous Faux Silk Flower

I thought I would share another quick and easy card with you. On this one I used the Faux Silk Technique on the main stamped image. You can see the tutorial on SCS here.


I did something a little bit different from the first time I tried this technique. Instead of using Aquapainters to colour in a lined image stamp, I inked a bold image stamp, the large flower from the Fabulous Flowers set, and stamped on the tissue paper. I also crinkled the paper before I stamped rather than after. It has a little bit of a different look to it but I think it works.

By the way, make sure that once you have glued the tissue paper to the card stock, you wait until it dries before you stamp on it. I did not and stamped my sentiment "for you" and it ran a bit.

Supplies:

Stamps: Fabulous Flowers, For You (Studio G)
Paper: Naturals White, Basic Black, Bashful Blue, White Tissue Paper
Ink: Basic Black, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Glue Stick, Blue Stitched Ribbon (Michaels)

4.75 x 4.75 card

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comments:

Maren said...

I still need to try this technique! It looks so fabulous! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!