Saturday, February 2, 2008

Weekend Sketch Challenge #33


Today is one of those days that I feel like I've accomplished a lot. I wish I had days like this everyday. I did some cleaning, baked bread and a cake, practiced the piano, got my passport photos taken and bought skates for the boys. Oh yeah, how could I forget!! I even made a card which I will post at another time.

Today I want to show you the card I made for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. This is the first time I've made a card in this shape....so big. It's nice that it will fit in a business size envelope. Now hmmm, who is going to be getting this card for Valentine's Day??

By the way, the stamps I used are acrylics by Close to My Heart. Before I did the large heart image in red, I tried it in black. Black Stazon. Here is a tip: If you don't want your acrylics to be badly stained DO NOT use Stazon ink!!! Now my stamp is permanently black. Oh well. Now I know.

Here is a close up of the tag at the bottom of the card.

Supplies:

Stamps: Love Is (Close to My Heart)Paper: Floral Designer Paper (Michaels), Textured Designer Paper (Michael's), Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Real Red
Ink: Real Red, VersaMark
Accessories: 1/4" Red Ribbon (Gale's Wholesale), Hemp Twine, 1/4" Circle Punch, 3/8" Circle Punch, Dimensionals, Sparkly Red Embossing Powder (Stampendous)

9 x 3 7/8 card

Thanks for stopping by

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Andrea! Thanks so much for always playing with the sketches.
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Adorable card ... love the red bling and that cute little charm.