Thursday, February 7, 2008

Quick and Easy Scalloped Happy Birthday

Just a quick post as the tomato soup cooks for lunch.


This card was also inspired by a card in the "Card Creations" magazine. It is by Teri Anderson.


I used my Giga Circle Punch on Whisper White card stock. I inked up the flower branch from Garden Silhouettes with Rose Red ink. Since I don't have markers in every colour, I proceed to wipe of the Rose Red ink from the stem and leaves with a kleenex and then coloured them in with a Chocolate Chip marker. (See you can make things work for you even if you don't have all the right supplies.) I stamped it on the scalloped circle along with "Happy Birthday".


On the Pretty in Pink Paper I stamped the same flower stem stamp with VersaMark ink to give it a very subtle effect. Didn't want it to look too busy. I used the Canvas background stamp with Rose Red ink on the Rose Red card stock. I taped the Rose Red cs on top of the Pretty in Pink cs and tied a ribbon around that layer.


To complete this quick and easy card, I added dimensionals to the scalloped circle and placed it on top of the ribbon. Done. Now it is off in the mail to a friend who is having a birthday next week.


Supplies:


Stamps: It's Your Birthday, Garden Silhouettes, Canvas
Paper: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red
Ink: VersaMark, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chip marker
Accessories: Dimensionals, Striped Ribbon (Michael's), Giga Circle Scalloped Punch (Marvy)


4.75 x 4.75 card


Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

This is really cute. I love it!!!

Maren said...

So stunning! I love the card size too!