Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentine's Altered Items

I have noticed in the blogging world that there are lots of you who are altering various items for Valentine's Day. I have decided to give it a try. I find that I enjoy it more when there is a purpose or reason for making the item that is being altered.

Altered Lollipop
Zachary, my oldest, is in Kindergarten so this is the first year that he has to hand out Valentine's. We thought we would try something special. I had showed him a picture of an altered lollipop and he really liked that idea. The picture shown is one that I made. He had to make 22 and he stamped them all. He also did some gluing, punching (with the SU! punches- they are easier to use than the Marvy punches) and wrote his name on the back of them.

Supplies:

Stamps: Love Is (Close to My Heart)
Paper: White, Grey, Red (Michael's)
Ink: Real Red
Accessories:Circle Punches: 1 1/4", 1 3/8", Super Jumbo, Mega (SU and Marvy), Scalloped Circle Punch, Giga Scalloped Circle Punch (Marvy), Lollipop, Glue Stick, Glue Dots, Red Ribbon (Gale's)



Altered Candy Jar

At our school this week, it is Teacher Appreciation Week. On every day of the week various people are bringing snacks to the staff room for the teachers. I have to bring mine tomorrow. They asked for healthy snacks but since it was Valentine's Day I thought I'd throw in some Hershey Kisses. (I am bringing homemade bran muffins, cheese and grapes too. That's healthy!!) I thought I'd jazz up the jar for the Kisses.
Supplies:

Stamps: Heart and "Hugs to You" (Studio G), Much Appreciated (SU)
Paper: Heritage Collection Designer Paper (makingmemories), Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red

Accessories: Red Satin Ribbon (Gale's), Hemp Twine, Corner Rounder Punch, Scalloped Circle Punch, Giga Scalloped Circle Punch (Marvy), 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Super Jumbo Circle Punch and Mega Circle Punch (Marvy), White Uni-ball Pen, Dimensional, Horizontal Slot Punch, Sticky Tape, Glass Jar (unknown), Hershey Kisses

0 comments: